Saturday, September 28, 2013

Girl's Night In 2013

The total raised so far is $975.

It is time again for the Girl's Night In, to raise money for the Cancer Council. I have decided that this year will be lower key than previous years, and have invited a few close girlfriends for afternoon tea. Everyone is bringing a plate to share and I am sure that it will be a spread to see!

I chose not to organise a raffle this year, so I decided not to try to beat our total from last year and set the target to $1000. We're pretty close so far, and there are still a few pledged donations to come in, so hopefully we can make it!

Last Sunday saw us celebrate in style. My friends were happy to bring along tasty treats and we all shared them over a cup of tea or a glass of punch. Goodies this year included an awesome cheese platter, chicken sushi, a herb and vegetable tart, quiche lorraine, vegetable quiche, assorted sandwiches, two chocolate cakes (!), chocolate brownies, gingerbread men, chocolate and coconut slice, fruit salad, banana and sultana biscuits and vanilla cupcakes. Yum yum yum!

This year Miss M was able to participate in the party, and she had fun playing with new friends as they all ran amuck outside.

You can check out my fundraising page or have a look at the photos from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!